Lionel #6-83071 Universal LC/LC + Remote Controller
- Manufacture: LIONEL TRAINS
- Category: Power Supplies & Transformers / Train Set With Track & Power / Train Set Without Track And Power
- Number: 6-83071
- Scale: O
- Price: $39.99
· Connect to ANY Lionel LionChief engine! No more worrying about compatibility with certain LionChief Locomotives! This remote will control any LionChief Locomotive we’ve ever produced.
· Multiple bugs have been fixed. Version 1.0 would sometimes disconnect from all locomotives it was controlling, and they would all need to be manually reconnected. That issue has been taken care of!
· More intuitive lighting features! As you may know, you can control up to three locomotives at once with the Universal Remote. In version 1.0, the number (channel) button on the remote would be lit when you were controlling an engine with that channel. With the update, channels that are connected to a running locomotive, but are not the current channel being used, will be dimly lit, indicating that there’s a locomotive that’s running on that channel. Channels not in use will continue to have no illumination.
Updating your remote:
If you already have a Universal Remote, there are a couple of different ways you can upload Version 1.1 to it.
· Over-the-air Updating APP: Visit the Apple Store on compatible Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) and download this APP. It will use the Bluetooth connection on your phone to connect to the Universal Remote and load the new firmware! For a more in-depth explanation of how this works, you can watch our instructional video here:
o Note: An Android Version of the Over-the-air Updating APP is still being worked on and will be available soon.
· What version of code is on my remote? Look at the back cover of your Universal Remote. A small red circle sticker on it means your remote has been updated to Version 1.1 already from the factory. If you do not have the red sticker, chances are likely that your remote still has Version 1.0 on it and needs to be updated.
· What if I’m happy with my remote as-is? Updating the firmware is not required! If your Universal Remote already runs all of you Lionel Locomotives and you’re happy with its performance, updating is not needed.
See below for a list of Ready-to-Run train sets that are not compatible with version 1.0 of the Universal Remote:
6-81287 Union Pacific Steam Remote Freight Set
6-81331 Iron Arry
6-81332 Iron Bert
6-81031 Lionel Junction Dinosaur Diesel Remote Set
6-81288 Lionel Junction Pet Shop Diesel Remote Set
6-30228 0-8-0 Chattanooga Set
6-30233 Pennsylvania Flyer Remote Set
6-81259 PRR 0-8-0 Remote Broadway Limited
6-81262 Union Pacific Flyer Remote (0-8-0)
6-30207 Santa Fe RS-3 Remote Scout Freight Set
6-81263 Jersey Remote RS3 Passenger Train
6-81480 John Deer Remote Set
6-30206 Alien Invasion Remote RS-3 Set
6-81101 Remote Polar with 10th Ann Logo
6-30218 The Polar Express Remote Set
6-30183 Lionel 2-4-2 Remote Scout Steam Set
6-82151 Bass Pro Shop 2-4-2 LionChief Scout RTR Set
6-30205 2-4-2 Remote Xmas Set
6-30214 Peanuts Halloween 2-4-2 Remote Set
We are always updating our site inventory. If you can not find an item you want please
call us at 718-436-7072 for information or email us at email@example.com