Model Train Specials
Broadway Limited #2593 Milwaukee S-3 4-8-4, #265, Paragon3 Sound/DC/DCC, HO
- Manufacture: Model Train Specials
- Category: Steam Locomotive
- Number: 2593
- Scale: HO
- Price: $439.99
The S-3 is the culminating iteration of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroads own 1930 S-1 Northern design. In 1937, Baldwin delivered 30 S-2s into service and in 1940 delivered another 10 S-2 locomotives. Finally, in 1943, 10 S-3 locomotives -- road numbers 260 -269 -- were delivered to assist in the wartime effort, this time from the ALCO.
A slightly leaner version of its elder brother the S-2, the S-3 weighs in at 460,000lbs with a tractive effort of 62,040lbs.
Having served only 10 years in its designed capacity, the North Star Rail decided in 1991 to restore the locomotive for mainline excursions.
The #261 S-3 is currently owned and maintained by Minneapolis-based Friends of the 261, which runs excursions seasonally. Since completion of its restoration in 1993, #261 has run over 25,000 miles under its own power!
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
- Operating Mars light controlled by Function key
- Alternate Horn and 3 different authentic whistles
We are always updating our site inventory. If you can not find an item you want please
call us at 718-436-7072 for information or email us at email@example.com