Model Train Specials
Walthers #920-14803 Budd Metroliner Electric Multiple Unit Snack Bar Coach - Tsunami Sound & DCC - Penn Central/Amtrak Patch
- Manufacture: Model Train Specials
- Category: Passenger Car
- Number: 920-14803
- Scale: HO
- Price: $209.99
* As-Built Gray, Red & Stainless Scheme for Penn Central & Amtrak Patched Units with Decals for Six Authentic Patched Schemes:
Black PC Logo - No Background
Black PC Logo on Silver Background
Black PC Logo on White Background
White PC Logo on Black Background
Black PC Logo, White Name on Green Background
Amtrak - Early Single Arrow Logo on White Background
* New Decal Unit Numbers
* Based on Equipment in Service 1968-1982
* 3 Prototype Car Styles
* One Helical Geared Power Truck & Skew-Wound High Torque Motor in Each Unit
* Working Headlight, Gyralight, Reversing A-End Red Marker Lights, Number Boards & Interior Lighting
* Detailed, Spring-Loaded GE or Westinghouse Pantographs per Prototype
* Real Metal Finish Simulates Stainless Steel
* Correct A & B End Details
* Factory-Installed Steel Grab
* Prototypically Accurate Window Tinting
* Available with Factory-Installed Soundtraxx(R) Tsunami(R) Sound for Operation on DCC or DC Layouts
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
Flashing by at 100+mph, Metroliners symbolized American high-speed rail service for years, serving business travelers on Penn Central and later Amtrak as the fastest scheduled trains in the western hemisphere!
Now these history-making trains are back in authentic HO Scale as only Walthers can, with the all-new WalthersProto Metroliner.
Just as the prototypes broke new ground in style and technology, so do our Metroliners! Completely new from roof to rails, we've captured the unique shape of the Coach, Snack Bar Coach and Parlor Car in all-new tooling.
Each comes fully assembled with Walthers real metal stainless steel finish complemented by ultra-sharp Amfleet Phase I paint and lettering including factory-printed car numbers. Fine details, from a full underbody to installed grab irons, from prototypically tinted windows to sprung General Electric or Westinghouse pantographs as appropriate, are all included. Powered by the proven technology of WalthersProto locos, each car has its own high torque motor, driving a powered truck with helical gears, and comes in dual mode Tsunami Sound & DCC (sound operates on DC) or Standard DC versions for every layout.
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
We are always updating our site inventory. If you can not find an item you want please
call us at 718-436-7072 for information or email us at email@example.com