|Manufacturer||Micro Trains Line|
This 50’ Airslide Covered Hopper with 100-ton Barber Roller Bearing trucks was built in 1978 for Grand Trunk Western. With a special epoxy lining, these cars were specifically designed for use with fine-grained commodities, like powdered sugar, that could settle en-route making unloading difficult. Grand Trunk Western Railroad traces its roots back to 1858, when the Chicago, Detroit & Canada Grand Trunk Junction Railroad was formed. GTW was later absorbed by Canadian National.
|Roadnumber May Vary||No|
|Road Name||Grand Truck Western - GTW|