Returns & Exchanges
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s). Any item(s) purchased more than 30 days past the original date of purchase must be returned to the manufacturer. A return authorization (RMA) number is required for all returns.
Returned items must be in new and resalable condition with all original boxes and packing. Returned items may incur a restocking fee up to 15%. Shipping, handling, and insurance charges are non-refundable. Items that are purchased and returned for credit using a promotional discount, including free shipping offers, will be credited less the value of the promotion. Gift Cards, Videos, Magazines, Books and reading material, in general, are not returnable. Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement. Once a starter train set is opened, they are not returnable. We will address and rectify any issues should you have any. Shipping will be charged to the customer from any returns that are part of a free shipping program. Shipping cost will be deducted from customers' refunds.
Technical Support First:
Have you contacted the manufacturer or our technical team to troubleshoot this issue?
Please visit our Technical Support page as most issues can be resolved over the phone or by email.
Please submit an RMA request inside of your account on the "my orders" page at https://www.trainworld.com/sales/order/history/. Click "View Order" to view the item(s) that you would like to return. Click the "return" button, and then complete the "new return" form. Please leave a "comment" of the "Resolution," "Item Condition," and "Reason To Return" that you selected as well as any contact information.
1. Log into your account.
2, Click "View Order" to view the item(s) that you would like to return.
3. Click Return on top left-hand corner of the screen
4. Complete the "new return" form. Please leave a "comment" of the "Resolution," "Item Condition," and "Reason To Return" that you selected as well as any contact information. Be sure the item is "new" and is no greater than 30 days from purchase.
5. We will review your request within 10 business days, do not send your item until you have received an RMA Number. You will receive a notification email when your RMA Request is approved. You can log back into your account to check the status of your request.
6. Put the items being returned in a sturdy shipping box with appropriate packing material to avoid damage. Please include all packaging and a copy of your invoice / or original packing slip.
7. Seal the package and tape the return label to the outside of the box and mail the items to:
725 McDonald Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
8. Once we receive the returned merchandise, we will process it according to the return reason in your RMA. A member of our Customer Service Team may contact you with any additional questions as needed.
9. You can monitor the status of your return by logging into your account and viewing your returns.
*As a reminder, please be sure that your purchase was made in the last 30 days, and include your receipt with the product, original packaging, and instruction manuals.*
** Return labels are not automatically included with RMA's. If a return label is provided as part of your RMA, you will receive it in via email. **
If you would like TrainWorld to send you a prepaid label and have the cost of the label deducted from your refund, you may make that request in your RMA.
Return labels cannot be generated for international customers. Please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-541-7010 or 1-718-436-7072 for any issues with your purchase.
Due to the sensitivity of DCC, All DC / Sound / DCC Decoders & Accessories are subject to "Manufacturer Warranty" please contact the manufacturer directly for all technical issues.
In addition, we will not accept orders from customers that have demonstrated a high incidence of returns after purchase. Limit one replacement per purchase. In some cases, TrainWorld may choose to test an item prior to shipping. If a replacement product is tested and found to be free of defect, TrainWorld will not replace the item for a second time. A second RMA may be requested, however, TrainWorld reserves the right to approve or deny a request to return for refund or replacement. The items sold by TrainWorld are typically subject to a Manufacturer’s warranty. Please contact the manufacturer for further details. TrainWorld reserves the sole right to refuse the return of any item in which the purchaser has made previous multiple returns or if the product has been used. In addition, we will not accept orders from customers that have demonstrated a high incidence of returns after purchase. Any item that shows excessive wear and tear will not be replaced, exchanged or refunded.
Please send all returns to: TrainWorld 725 McDonald Avenue Brooklyn, NY, 11218